The KNVB Cup continued on Thursday with four matches including a big scare for Eredivisie champions PSV against Heracles Almelo. A round up of all the action below.

locadia psv heHeracles 2-3 PSV Eindhoven

10-man PSV Eindhoven scraped into the quarter finals after a last minute goal from Jurgen Locadia saw them beat Heracles 3-2 in Almelo.

Heracles took the lead after 18 minutes when Iliass Bel Hassani powerfully shot into the top corner at the back post from Thomas Bruns cross, but PSV equalised before the break as Jurgen Locadia curled a free kick past the static Bram Castro.

Three minutes into the second half Heracles were handed a huge advantage when Remko Pasveer was sent off for bringing down Oussama Tannane, and the attacker beat Jeroen Zoet with the resulting penalty.

However the 10-men of PSV didn’t give up and with twenty minutes left Castro fumbled Adam Maher’s cross into his own goal to gift the Eredivisie champions an equaliser. Then with the game heading for extra time, Luuk de Jong laid the ball off to Locadia on the edge of the box and the forward fired a low strike into the bottom corner to send PSV into the last eight.

Kozakken Boys 1-3 AZ Alkmaar

AZ Alkmaar avoided a big embarrassment after two late goals eventually saw them beat 10-man Kozakken Boys.

It appeared John van den Brom’s side would be in for a simple evening when Kozakken Boys goalkeeper Jesper Hogendoorn brought down Vincent Janssen in the box on 40 minutes, earning himself a red card and AZ a penalty, which Jeffrey Gouweleeuw netted.

However after the break AZ failed to kill the game off and with 18 minutes left the home side equalised through an excellent free kick from Bryan Jongeneel.

Any chance of another upset was ended when Robert Muhren was brought down on 83 minutes, and Gouweleeuw added his second of the evening from the spot. With two minutes to go Muhren killed the game by adding the third.

Achilles 29 0-5 Utrecht

Utrecht eased into the quarter finals after hammering Eerste Divisie side Achilles 29 5-0 with Sebastien Haller helping himself to a hat-trick.

The result was on the cards early on in Groesbeek with Utrecht easing into a 2-0 lead with only eight minutes on the clock. Firstly Haller was left all on his own to head in Yassin Ayoub’s corner before Nacer Barazite doubled the lead after good work from Kristoffer Peterson.

Utrecht had to wait until the 48th minute to net a third with Haller finishing off a long ball from Ramon Leeuwin, and the French striker completed his hat-trick two minutes later. The rout was completed on 57 minutes by substitute winger Patrick Joosten.

Capelle 2-3 VVSB

VVSB joined fellow amateur side HHC Hardenberg in the last eight after seeing off Capelle 3-2.

The evening had started perfectly for the hosts with Olaf van der Sande giving Capelle the lead on 33 minutes. However a strong comeback in the second half from VVSB saw them take control, with Vladimir Jozic, Maikey Parami and Giovalli Serbon making it 3-1 before Jair Balrak pulled back a consolation in injury time.

admin (14388 Posts)

Follow @Footballoranje_ on Twitter