Ronald Koeman has told the Sunday Mirror that he is still getting over his sacking by Everton and has turned down offers from the Premier League and abroad.

  • By Michael Bell
  • Follow Michael on Twitter

The Dutchman was sacked by Everton in October after a difficult start to the campaign. He had been in charge of the Merseyside club for 16 months.

He told the Sunday Mirror, “When the results are below all ­expectations, you know as a manager that people can make decisions about you.

“And yet, it still hit me like a bolt out the blue.

“I had started something at Everton and I really wanted to finish it in a good way. This is why my disappointment is bigger than ever before. I have to be realistic and I am not moaning about it.”

Koeman has reportedly received offers from the Premier League, thought to be from West Brom and West Ham United, but he turned them down as he assesses his future.

He added,  “I need to put those feelings of disappointment away first.

“This is the reason why I’ve not taken any of the offers – the offers were there immediately after leaving Everton.

“I had a few offers from the Premier League and a few more elsewhere in Europe.”

Koeman is currently the favourite to replace Dick Advocaat as Netherlands head coach.




admin (5969 Posts)

Follow @Footballoranje_ on Twitter