Technical director of Mexican side Pachuca, Marco Garcés has confirmed that PSV have a verbal agreement on the signing of winger Hirving Lozano.

  • By Michael Bell
  • Follow Michael on Twitter

The 21-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to PSV over the past few weeks, with some reports stating that Manchester City would pay for “Chucky” before loaning him to the Eindhoven club for two years.

PSV director Marcel Brands has refused to comment on any deal, but fresh reports in the Mexican press on Thursday stated that the move to Netherlands was done.

Speaking to Jugando Claro, Pachuca technical director Marco Garcés confirmed there was a verbal agreement for Lozano and added that, “The bid for Lozano comes directly from PSV.”

This indicates that Manchester City have no involvement in the deal, meaning PSV must be willing to stump up the reported asking price of €20 million. The deal will reportedly not be confirmed until Mexico’s involvement in the Confederations Cup is over.

Update: According to Fox Sports in Mexico, PSV’s deal for Lozano will be for 60% of his transfer rights, with the other 40% staying with Pachuca.




admin (9136 Posts)

Follow @Footballoranje_ on Twitter