Frank de Boer will not be leaving Ajax this summer after committing his future to the Amsterdam club until the end of next season.

  • By Michael Bell
  • Follow Michael on Twitter

de boer frank livDe Boer has a contract in Amsterdam until 2017, but has been constantly linked with leaving the Eredivisie club this summer. Newcastle United have been heavily linked with an approach this summer, while Liverpool and Tottenham have been previously named as possible destinations for the former defender.

However speaking to a press conference on Friday, the 44-year-old confirmed his intention to stay in Amsterdam for another season, as he believes there is still a lot of work to be done with the club.

De Boer said, “I spoke this morning to the club and Marc Overmars. The players heard in training, and the staff already knew,”

“I think Ajax deserve to have clarity. I wanted that myself, too. There’s a good foundation at Ajax. I still see a lot of perspective.

“There’s a good foundation, a lot of young players with long contracts. I still don’t feel I’m done here.”

De Boer added on potential interest from the likes of Liverpool, “Liverpool can call Marc or my agents, or another club. But they’ll hear ‘no’. At this moment, nothing is going on,”

“Last year it was, and then I said I would think about it. Ajax asked me to give clarity before March 1, and I thought I was obliged to do that.”

De Boer was named Ajax coach in 2010 and won four consecutive Eredivisie titles.




admin (11259 Posts)

Follow @Footballoranje_ on Twitter